A wealth of research and information on diet, nutrients, and botanicals, and their effect on cardiovascular disease has been generated in the past 25 years. Despite this, cardiovascular disease afflicts millions of people in the United States and remains the leading cause of death of men and women.
Almost 80 million people in the United States have some form of cardiovascular
disease, and every minute someone in the United States dies of a heart attack.
Thorne Research has been manufacturing the finest nutritional supplement
products and supplying them to health-care provides around the world for over 20 years. Only the purest raw materials are used in their product line - which
includes over 280 products.
Check the supplemental support listed in this article to see the difference in quality and value of Thorne Research compared to other vitamins you may be taking.
Their cardiovascular-related line of products offers an unparalleled selection,
including numerous products for cardiovascular support(CoQ10 , essential fatty
acids, antioxidants, homocysteine-support substances, amino acids, and more) and
lipid metabolism (red yeast rice, policosanol, Pharmacol-40, pantethine, carnitine, and more).
Thorne products offer safety, efficacy, and quality you can rely on, and are made using the strictest manufacturing standards possible. Click here to download an article to give to your doctor, so he/she knows about supportive nutrients and botanicals for cardiovascular function.
Thorne's Cardiovascular Support Program
Supportive Nutrients and Botanicals for Cardiovascular Function
To support your cardiovascular system, the following supplements are
- Perfusia-SR : 2 capsules twice daily (enhances endothelial nitric oxide production, optimizes vascular health, increases blood flow. See below for more information.)
- Q10 Plus: 2 to 4 capsules twice daily (enhances cardiac function.) or CoQ10-100 : 2 capsules twice daily (enhances energy production in the heart muscle.)
- Super EPA or Krill Oil: 1 to 3 capsules twice daily (synergistic with Perfusia-SR )
Perfusia-SR maintains a therapeutic level throughout a 24 hour period. It is time released with dosing only needed 2 X / day. Regular L Arginine is absorbed and metabolized very quickly, necessitating the use of large dosages and frequent dosing throughout the day. Helps support body and helps to stimulate arteries to relax for better blood flow, lower blood pressure, Improve Male sexual function in the normal course of intimacy and maintaining supple flexible arteries.
Studies show when sufficient L-Arginine is present:
Omega 3 w/ CoQ10: 1 to 3 capsules twice daily (provides fish oil omega-3's
Poor diet, reduced physical activity, poor lipid metabolism, inherited metabolic changes, and numerous disease processes can all negatively affect the cardiovascular system.
The cardio-protective diet should be rich in fiber and phyto-nutrients supplied by copious amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, health-promoting fatty acids
Lipid Metabolism Program
Nutritional Support for Maintaining Normal Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Maintain optimal lipid levels naturally
- Support cholesterol and triglyceride metabolism
- Promote mitochondrial energy production
Elevated levels of total cholesterol in the blood, as well as increased LDL to HDL cholesterol- and total to HDL cholesterol- ratios, are significant risk factors for the development of cardiovascular disease. Cholesterol is derived from dietary and metabolic sources, both of which can be modified to support optimal blood levels. A lifestyle modification program for normalizing blood lipids should include healthful dietary habits, including or reducing or eliminating red meat, saturated fat, dairy, refined grains, and refined sugar consumption. The diet should include an abundance of highfiber foods such as
fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as lean meats like chicken and turkey, and omega-3 fatty acid-containing cold-water fish. Any alcoholic beverages consumed should be moderate. Since excess sugar consumption can increase cholesterol and triglycerides, special care should be taken to ensure proper blood levels. A program of aerobic exercise, weight loss, and smoking cessation, if appropriate, is encouraged.
To support lipid metabolism, the following supplements are advised:
- Cholest: 2 to 4 capsules twice daily (inhibits cholesterol synthesis)
- Perfusia-SR: 2 capsules twice daily (enhances endothelial nitric oxide
production, optimizes vascular health, increases blood flow)
Other Products, for Increased Effect and/or Support:
- Pharmacol-40: 3 capsules once daily with evening meal (to inhibit cholesterol
- Omega 3 w/ CoQ10, Super EPA or Krill Oil: 1 to 3 capsules twice daily (to lower
triglycerides and improve blood vessel function)
- Pantethine: 2 capsules twice daily (to help normalize cholesterol synthesis)
- L-Carnitine: 2 to 3 capsules twice daily (to normalize triglyceride levels)
- Phosphatidyl Choline : 3 capsules 2 to 3 times daily (to increase hepatic fat
metabolism, especially in patients with fatty liver)
- Lactobacillus Sporogenes: 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily (to inhibit cholesterol
synthesis and re-absorption, especially if intestinal dysbiosis is present)
- Niasafe-600: 1 to 3 capsules three times daily (to further inhibit cholesterol
- Policosanol: 1 to 2 capsules twice daily (if above does not reach target goals)